Love Letter # 4 Conversations with the Sun





This photo was taken:

January 28th 2019

I felt melancholy about certain things in my life. I felt slow, chubby and a bit winded on the walk.

Melancholy washed over me and I just allowed myself feel.

As the feelings of melancholy washed over me, I couldn't help but notice my own shadow.

The artist in me choose to capture a photographic moment where I observed  my shadow looking back at me, and I had a few words with my shadow and the sun, and later...my own son.

So enjoy and please share, and would love your comments
(artists need validation). xoxox


Dear Shadow,

Why are you stalking me?

SHADOW:I'm not stalking you, I'm a function of the sun's light emissions.

ME: Well, I guess that's not your fault, it's the sun's fault. Sun, why are you stalking me?

SUN:Because this planet you live on orbits around me, and I producelight so you CAN see, even your own shadow.

ME:Ok, thanks sun. Thanks for the ability to shine so I can see contrast.

SUN:I see YOU

ME:Thanks again, and could you please shine some light or wisdom or insight upon my aching heart that feels small and invisible right now.

SUN: Well, I always do that all the time.  During the time that I'm in the sky and it's day time to you.

ME: Oh, so it's not your fault or my shadow's fault for anything. I guess it's mine that I feel melancholy and sad.

SUN:If you think of sadness or melancholy as anyone's fault, that's your perception. Maybe the sadness and melancholy are just little parts of your heart that were neglected and that need a little light to help get them out of the darkness and have them transform into something beautiful.  Seeds are in the earth, they are small and dark, and when I shine upon them (and the rains come), something happens, and they sprout. Maybe you have the potential to sprout too (are you drinking enough water??)

ME: You think? AND I probably should drink more water.

SUN: I KNOW. I don't ever THINK, that's for the birds. I just know that whatever I shine upon has the potential to become something beautiful and precious if you will let me in. AND please do drink more water, it's good for your physical, mental and spiritual health.


ME:Thanks sun - I love you too.






PS.I got to take the same walk later in the day with my son, the sunshine in my life, shining upon both of us (fully hydrated).

Comments

Popular Posts