Love Letter #15 Cracked up...



Kintsugi (金継ぎ, "golden joinery"), also known as Kintsukuroi (金繕い, "golden repair"), is the Japanese art of repairing broken pottery with lacquer dusted or mixed with powdered goldsilver, or platinum.

As a philosophy, it treats breakage and repair as part of the history of an object, rather than something to disguise. Some Kintsugi objects become more valuable than the original that was in one piece.  

Let's imagine that all our cracks (flaws, traumas, mistakes) are really qualities that add more value to our life and more value to the ones we love because we can become compassionate, patient and kind knowing our value is not in our perfection, but in that we have survived and learned to thrive and actually take price in our imperfections.

My poem for this week: The beauty of imperfection



Broken 
Shattered
Cracked &
Burned


​​​​​​​Your eyes still see, you clearly learned.
the pain still hurts, the loss is real.

yet right NOW, you still can feel.

that feeling now...is the gold...that
mends the pieces
breaks the mold

breaks the mold of the unknown
mends the pieces you'll be shown

when our soul will trust the flow
our scars our sorrows start to glow

xoxoxo - keep shining on my sweet cupcakes.

PS - extra frosting on non so perfect cupcakes is yummy. See my point?

Comments

  1. I do see your point and I have to share that I have learned to learn from both the good and bad life brings to me. Moving forward is key even if that means I have to make choices that may seem out of the mainstream. The world we are in is just to unsettled and filled with half committed people not to just take a seat an be an observer instead of an active player.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I would love to read your comments and enjoy your compliments or complaints. Whatever you share, I will read. xoxo

Popular Posts