Today's Pearl: From my Father...

This one was from my father. He shared this with me after watching the pearl I shared from yesterday.

"Today I reflected on a reaction I had to a portrait of Pres Trump in the VA clinic.  Amidst many wounded veterans I was confronted by my bias (complaints) against the pres, and how those feelings became stronger than the gratitude I felt for the wounded vets there at the clinic.

It gave me pause to direct my energy in a more positive direction.  I  realized my thinking gravitated more towards disdain against the pres than gratitude and appreciation. That moment a wounded vet greeted me and my 93 year old friend with a high five. I felt honored."

Gratitude is born from experiencing the opposite, and then consciously making a choice to shift the dominance of thoughts from separation, fear and lack into appreciation.

A pause and a deep breath is a wonderful catalyst to begin that process.

Thanks Dad for your insights -
xoxox
Rebecca


Comments

Popular Posts